Today we’re launching BuddyHub’s first social media campaign with the hashtag #TeapotTravels and the chance to win a delicious Angel Afternoon Tea for three at the Hilton Hotel in London’s fashionable Islington. Mmmm!
How to enter
To take part you just need to answer one of our #AwkwardQuestion polls, which we’ll be posting in June 2015 on Twitter and Linked In.
The questions are designed to be thought provoking and we hope to stimulate debate about how to connect older people with like-minded friends in their communities, and turn isolation and loneliness into happiness and laughter.
Did we mention the scones?
One lucky winner will have the chance to invite 2 colleagues to a weekday treat of afternoon tea. With a heavenly location just off Upper Street, the newly refurbished Hilton London Angel Islington is situated in the heart of fashionable Islington, yet remains in close proximity to central London.
The on-site Axis Bar and Restaurant is an incredibly stylish place; split over 2 levels with a glass front wall and modern lighting, the restaurant features comfy couches to unwind and relax in warm, contemporary surroundings.
You can also enjoy the Summer sunshine in the soothing environment of the Hilton London Angel Islington’s outside Terrace.
Start with deliciously tasty sandwiches served on a variety of mouth watering breads. Afternoon Tea wouldn’t be complete without scones, which of course come with the obligatory clotted cream and strawberry jam. Ensure to leave space for the sweet cakes, chocolate éclairs and macaroons.
Join the conversation
We’re also going to be posting right here on The BuddyHub blog on subjects such as new approaches to befriending, the dangers of stereotyping older people and the role of micro-volunteering in tackling loneliness. We hope you will share your thoughts, comments, questions and, fingers-crossed, win that afternoon tea too!
The #TeapotTravels campaign is also about BuddyHub’s start-up journey. As a brand new social enterprise, we’re already on a steep learning curve, trying to get a clearer understanding of how this idea fits into the ageing space, how to survive the ups and downs of a start up, and what it means to be a social entrepreneur. We’re ready to learn, experiment, fail, pivot and learn some more.
Look out for the teapot
So we’ll be taking the BuddyHub teapot around to meetings and events, and sitting down to ‘tea and a chat’ with anyone who shares our concerns about older peoples’ lives, and – most importantly – inviting feedback.
- In June 2015 BuddyHub will publish opinion poll questions at https://hellofrombuddyhub.wordpress.com/. Respondents to one, some or all of these opinion polls can choose to enter the #TeapotTravels prize draw by supplying their email address after answering a poll question. Answering more poll questions or answering a single question more than once does not increase your chance of winning.
- All polls will close on 26 June. The prize will be drawn within 7 days and the winner will be informed as soon as possible via the email address supplied. Only one prize is offered and a single winner will be chosen at random from the email addresses provided by participants in all of the polls.
- If there is no response from the winner within 7 days of being informed, the prize offer will be withdrawn and a replacement winner will be chosen from the original email submissions.
- The prize is an Angel Afternoon Tea not exceeding the value of £100 (1 winner and 2 guests) at the Hilton London Angel Islington. The prize will be given in the form of a pre-paid voucher and must be redeemed on a weekday (Monday to Friday), within 6 months of being informed.
- The competition is only open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and agents of BuddyHub, and anyone professionally connected with the administration of the competition.
- The prize winner consents to their name being disclosed on BuddyHub’s digital channels or other media.